Get detailed information about the California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress at http://www.cde.ca.gov/ta/tg/ca/ Opens a New Window. and view test results at http://caaspp.cde.ca.gov/ Opens a New Window. or click the links below to "Understand Your Child's Test Score Report":
On January 1, 2014, California Education Code Section 60640 established the CAASPP System of assessments. The CAASPP - CalEdFacts Web page Opens a New Window. provides a more detailed overview of the system. For 2014–15, the CAASPP System includes the following required assessments and tools:
- Smarter Balanced Assessments Opens a New Window. – The Summative Assessments, Interim Assessments, and Digital Library are all part of the CAASPP System.
- Summative Assessments Opens a New Window. – In grades 3 through 8 and 11 for English language arts/literacy (ELA) and mathematics. The Summative Assessments are administered as part of the CAASPP System.
- Interim Assessments Opens a New Window. – Designed to inform and promote teaching and learning by providing information that can be used to monitor student progress toward mastery of the Common Core State Standards. These optional resources are available to all K–12 teachers in ELA and mathematics.
- Digital Library Opens a New Window. – Consists of tools and practices designed to help teachers utilize formative assessment processes for improved teaching and learning in all grades. These optional resources are available to all K–12 teachers.
- The Formative Assessment Process Opens a New Window. (PDF; Posted 26-May-2015) – a Smarter Balanced document describing the four attributes of the formative assessment process.