School Site Council
Antelope Valley High School is currently seeking parent members to serve on the School Site Council (SSC). The School Site Council is the AVHS governing body that reviews funding and programs to ensure our students have a safe learning environment and the tools necessary to increase their success. We meet five to six times per year for approximately one hour.
- Develop and approve the Single Plan for Student Achievement
- Obtain recommendations for the proposed Single Plan for Student Achievement from all stakeholders and any applicable school advisory committees (Ed Code64001)
- Develop and approve the plan and related expenditures in accordance with all state and federal laws and regulations.
- Recommend the plan and expenditures to the governing board for approval.
- Provide ongoing review of the implementation of the plan with the principal, teachers, and other school staff members.
- Make modifications to the plan whenever the need arises.
- Submit the modified plan for governing board approval whenever a material change (as defined in district governing board policy) is made in planned activities or related expenditures.
- Annually, (and at each semester, trimester, etc.), evaluate the progress made toward school goals to raise the academic achievement of all students.
- Carry out all other duties assigned to the council by the district governing board and by state law.
If you are interested in serving on our School Site Council, please click on the link below to submit your interest. Voting will take place the week of September 12th and our first meeting is scheduled for September 29, 2022.
Thank you in advance for your interest to serve on our School Site Council.
Antelope Valley High School