AVHS GRADUATION - June 4, 2020 - 6:00 pm
Congratulations Class of 2020!
SENIOR CHECK OUT
DATE: Friday, May 29, 2020
TIME: During Economics class
- Student ID is required!!!
- Students will be escorted to the Library by their Economics teacher through the Fiction Room entrance. Students will rotate through the Library, gathering clearance signatures.
- Please make sure that all textbooks/library books have been returned and student fees have been paid PRIOR to Senior Check Out day. All fees owed must be paid with cash, credit card or money order only.
- The Senior Code of Conduct/Graduation Participation Agreement form must be signed and turned in prior to this day.
- Caps and gowns, along with complimentary graduation tickets, will be distributed on this day once the student’s check out procedure has been fully completed. Lost or stolen graduation tickets will not be replaced.
DATES: Monday, June 1 - Wednesday, June 3, 2020
TIME: 7:45 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
PLACE: AVHS Large Gym
- Participation in ALL 3 Graduation Practices is MANDATORY in order to participate in the actual Graduation ceremony. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- You MUST have completed the senior check out process before you are allowed attend practice and graduation. You MUST also present a school ID card and Grad Card to enter graduation practices and the graduation ceremony.
Please remember that the announcements you may have ordered are not tickets to get in the graduation ceremony.
Admission to the Graduation ceremony is by ticket only, each graduating senior will receive four (+1 if your senior attended Senior Day) complimentary tickets. Only graduates with a student ID (not family members) may purchase extra graduation tickets IF AVAILABLE.
PENDING AVAILABILITY extra tickets may be sold to the graduating senior at the Accounting Office after the 3rd day of practice at $5.00 a piece (cash only). Please do not call the school asking for more tickets; seating is limited and there will not be any extra tickets beyond what is being made available.
All guests will require a ticket for entry into the ceremony. (Children under the age of 2 will not require a ticket.)
All guest seating is on a first come, first served basis, including seating areas designated for handicapped persons. Gates will open at 4:45 p.m.
DATE: Thursday, June 4, 2020
TIME: 6:00 p.m.
PLACE: Antelope Valley High School – Mays Field
- All graduates are to report to the AVHS Large Gym at 4:30 p.m. BE ON TIME!
- Caps and gowns must be worn. Girls are reminded to wear dresses, dress slacks, skirts and blouses (NO HEELS) wedges are allowed. Boys should wear suits, or slacks and jackets with shirts and ties. Please do not wear flip-flops.
- Students are to leave gifts, cameras, sunglasses or any other items with parents/guardians during the graduation ceremony, as they will not be allowed when entering the facility. There will be no check-in of valuables and the school will not be responsible for personal items.
- Graduates are not permitted to carry anything, nor adorn their cap and gown. Only Valedictorians, Senior Class Officers, Pacesetters, ASB Officers, AVID graduates, and qualified CSF and ASB members are permitted to wear medals, stoles or cords distributed by AVHS.
- Graduation is a special occasion which demands well-mannered and courteous behavior. Failure to comply with agreed-upon graduation instructions may result in the student being removed from the ceremony and will not be recognized during the call of graduates.
- Guests: Guests may not bring items into the stadium that may obstruct the view of another guest (balloons, posters, etc.). Walking around, shouting, using horns and whistling detract from the program and are highly discouraged. Please do not stand in the aisles or at the railings, as these areas block the view of other guests who are sitting down. Guests will not be allowed to approach the graduates at any time during the ceremony or during the recessional.
- The High School Graduation ceremony is not mandatory! It is a privilege which comes only once in a person’s lifetime!
- The graduation gown you purchased is yours to keep. Take care of it. Many graduates keep both their cap and gown as important keepsakes.
- Please do not throw your caps into the air after graduation.
NOTE: Graduates will be photographed as they receive their diplomas by O’Connor Photography. You can order your picture by going to www.oconnorphotography.net.
REMINDER: Graduates must attend ALL 3 Graduation practices! ALL debts to the school must be cleared in order to participate in the ceremony!
BEHAVIORAL EXPECTATIONS OF GRADUATION CEREMONY PARTICIPANTS
The Graduation ceremony signifies the successful culmination of thirteen years of education. In order to assure a successful ceremony which is meaningful for all, the following is expected of all participants:
- Graduates are to be courteous during the entire ceremony and are to refrain from any activity which is disruptive, distracting or dangerous. Please follow directions.
- Graduates are not to carry anything with them into the ceremony. Caps and gowns shall not be altered or decorated in any fashion.
- Any student who appears to have been drinking alcoholic beverages or under the influence of any controlled substance prior to the ceremony will not be allowed to participate. All school rules apply to the graduation ceremony. This includes dress code and behavior expectations.
- Graduates will dress appropriately for a ceremony of this nature. Examples of inappropriate dress are beach and sports clothing, thong-type sandals, jeans, t-shirts, high or pointed heels, etc. (platform shoes / wedges are acceptable). Dress code policy will be enforced.
- If any participant in the graduation ceremony violates any of the above behavior standards, that student will NOT receive a diploma at the Graduation ceremony and will be asked to leave. The student will be required to attend a parent conference with the Principal the week following graduation in order to obtain their diploma.
DIPLOMA PICK UP
- Graduates will receive only the cover of their diplomas when they go through the ceremony.
- Diplomas will be available in the cafeteria immediately following the Graduation ceremony. Diplomas will be released to the graduate only.
- Any diploma not picked up will be available by appointment beginning Monday, June 8th with the Registrar, Mrs. Henriquez, 948-8552, extension 109. DIPLOMAS WILL NOT BE MAILED HOME.
If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact the Activities Office at 948-8552, ext. 167.