Antelope Valley School District

Work Experience




Work Experience and Work Permits
Mrs. Coleman-Levy, Work Experience Coordinator

Students currently working or considering getting a job during the State
of California current “COVID-19 Health Orders” and Distance Learning
need to know:

1. All students under the age of 18 need a work permit to work. Yes,
even during summer and winter breaks. The only exception is a
graduated senior under 18 with a High School Diploma or a
Certificate of Proficiency.

2. Students need a 2.0 and no F grades from Semester 1 2020 to qualify
for a work permit. Students also need to maintain a 2.0 GPA and no F
grades throughout Quarter 3.

3. Students cannot work during school hours.

4. Attendance to online classes are a requirement. If a student misses
any two classes more than seven times, their work permit will be put
on probation and subjected to being revoked.

Procedure for Students who need a work permit
1. The work you choose needs to be for a "business legally able to
operate" based on current local and/or state health orders.*

2. Fill out the B1-1 (Request for a Work Permit form), your social
security number, parent and employer signatures are needed to
process the permit.

3. After the B1-1 is completed the student will email Mrs. Coleman-
Levy, Work Experience Coordinator at using
their school email address to set up an appointment to process the permit.

*check with LA County Health Department for current orders

While school is in session, students needing to renew or receive a work permit MUST contact their school site Work Experience Coordinator to make an appointment.


  • 2.0 or better GPA
  • No F's
  • Satisfactory Attendance

To access a Work Permit Application Form click HERE.

WHO To Contact

Work permits for minors of ALL AVUHSD school sites will be issued by APPOINTMENT ONLY !

Email the below individual to schedule an appointment.

Please email prior to preferred day of issuance.  Same day appointments may not available.

MONDAY-  Palmdale (permit pick-up location at PHS)

Contact:  Mrs.Calvert -

TUESDAY-  Littlerock (permit pick up location LHS)

Contact:  Mrs. Whetzel -

THURSDAY- East Lancaster (permit location EHS)

Contact:  Ms. Coleman-Levy -

FRIDAY-  Quartz Hill (permit pick-up location QHHS)

Contact:  Mrs. Beane -


Work Experience Application Process


  1. A Business offers employment to a minor
  2. Receive a Work Permit APPLICATION
  4. The Business/Employer /Manager complete their section of the Work permit APPLICATION,
  5. Parent needs to complete their section of the application giving minor permission to work.
  6. The Working Minor student area needs to be completed.
  7. Complete School Address information
  8. EMAIL your work permit/Work Experience Coordinator at your HOME SCHOOL for an appointment.

During your appointment,  the working MINOR (must be present ).

  • Minor will sign their signature and receive their work permit.
  • Minor Student MUST BE PRESENT !!

 When meeting for your appointment be SURE TO BRING:

  •  Work permit application COMPLETED with ORIGINAL signatures(Business, Parent, & Minor)
  • OWN Pen

*Parent is NOT required to be present

Work Experience Education

Provides paid or unpaid on-the-job experiences for secondary school students through training agreements with employers. Please contact the Work Experience Coordinator at your student's school. Types of work experience programs include:

  • Vocational
  • General
  • Exploratory

Additional Information

More information and links: